06 September 2008

Tree 2.0

I hold several titles- a few of them with a moderate amount of success, but Arborist is not one of those. I believe I killed the little tree I planted in our front yard a couple of months ago when I transplanted it.

So I made another trip to our friendly neighborhood forest "store" and picked another. This time, planting it was a family effort. My friend Frank even helped- well, "supervised"!


And here it is several hours after planting. I'm fairly hopeful about this one- I did a much better job preserving and transporting more of its root structure.


We relocated the "dead" one from the front yard to the back yard, where it can take its time to recover. I hope I didn't really kill it. We'll see what happens in the spring. I'll post pictures then if it recovers.
Seth is showing off his extreme helpfulness- carrying 3 trowels and the "dead" tree to the back yard.


All I carried was a shovel and two buckets and Supervisor Frank lugged a shovel. Once he got in the back yard, he found a strategic overlooking position (one of the lawn chairs) near the work site and watched the fun. That man is on a fast track to Middle Management!

3 comments:

Jared A. Edwards said...

Don't sweat it. I don't no anyone who considers himself an "arborist." Unless supervisor Frank does. Happy growing.

kim e said...

I wish your little tree sucess this time!

Libbi said...

Keep me updated! I'm thinking good thoughts and sending wishes of health to both trees!!!