18 September 2008

I've got a Golden Ticket

I read various blogs on a daily basis and I occasionally come across something that changes me, or at least means something to me. So I'm going to attempt to post (occasionally) a Best Of- list of things I find during my wanderings.

= 1 =
Here's a really long post about what Michael Lopp calls a "Trickle List". If you don't want to take the time to read it, I'll condense it for you.
Don't worry about creating To Do lists- they just make you feel guilty when you don't do something on the list. Instead, make a list of things you feel you should do- alot. The Trickle List is more like a recurring, daily task list. I've been thinking about doing something like this recently because I just need a small, daily reminder for some things.

= 2 =
I don't mean to rock anyone's world here, but I'm not exactly a sports fan. I don't DO outside- it would ruin my pasty complexion. But I can recognize an amazing baseball moment when I see one. A ball girl makes a truly amazing catch and then just tosses the ball to the nearest "real" team member. Heroes are not always the ones in the limelight.

= 3 =
Let's get organized!
Jott - Capture thoughts, create tasks and set reminders with a simple phone call. Basically, you call a number and then you dictate a message and it gets turned into an e-mail, a reminder, an appointment, a list, a blog post, whatever you set it up to be. And it's (mostly) free.
Remember the Milk - A great way to manage your tasks. It can talk to Google Calendar, e-mail, IM, Twitter, and lots of other inputs. Free, free, free.
Now Do This - Bar none, the simplest To Do list on the web. Again, free of charge.

= 4 =
Tomorrow (September 19) is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Honestly, I think this one's a complete, utter, asinine, bona fide waste of time but it sure is getting popular.

1 comment:

jacob said...

all i can imagine when i see golden ticket is you singing i've got a golden ticket in old man dying voice. awesome. and corn.