10 August 2008

I'm 'bout dead - part 4

Rearranging and reorganizing is contagious for us around here. If one room is affected, it'll probably spread through most of the house before it's run its course. About the only room that doesn't get hit much is the kitchen- and that's only because there's not too much we can change about that room.

So when we began rearranging the kids' rooms, it wasn't too surprising that our room got hit as well. In fact, its infection only lasted a matter of hours. Beth and I made a few general plans before she went grocery shopping on Thursday night and by the time she got home I had finished. So here's the classic "before" shot (I know, it's way out of date- we didn't even have the bed frame then, but it'll have to do):


And here's the after shot:


Beth was pretty happy because I was able to vacuum every square foot of our room. I just had to do it in 2'x5' strips.

In case you're curious, here's how it went.
I pulled the dresser from the wall by the door over to the wall by the bathroom and set up the TV table in its place. I stood my exercise bike on end and leaned it against the dresser. Then I removed the mattress from the bed and leaned it against the dresser as well. Next I pulled the bed boxes out from under the bed and stacked them in the doorway. I scooted the bed forward until it was right up against the TV (by the door), leaving nearly the entire back wall empty. I vacuumed the back wall and transferred Beth's sewing table to it. That cleared up the right-hand wall by the window. I vacuumed that wall and then maneuvered the bed into place on it, which required some pretty impressive use of physics to get the mattress to balance vertically on one corner without tipping. Then I put the mattress back in the bed and vacuumed under where it had been. I replaced the bed boxes (under the bed, of course) and vacuumed where they had been. I shifted the dresser so it was flat against the back wall next to the sewing table and vacuumed where it had been. I put the exercise bike beside the dresser along the wall near the bathroom and vacuumed all remaining open floorspace. I then rewired (corded) the electronics on the TV stand so that everything was organized neatly. As Kaitlyn would say: Tada!

1 comment:

kim e said...

Just wondering where the 4 kids were during this adventure?
I am beginning to think that rearranging has become ya'lls hobby!