10 August 2008

I'm 'bout dead - part 1

Why am I nearing my demise, you ask? I didn't say that- what I said was "I'm 'bout dead." Around here that means I'm worn out, exhausted, dragging myself around, and usually pretty stinky to boot.

Last weekend I built a set of shelves (and a prototype), learned how to use a new tool (hence the prototype), backed up the computer (files and pictures), installed kitchen cabinet locks and generally worked on my honey-do list.
During the week we painted the shelves, rearranged our bedroom, and had various church meetings to occupy our time.
This weekend we built and painted another set of shelves, I cut the grass and weeded, we rearranged the kids' rooms, and I helped with other general yard work and honey-do list activities.

After all that mess, I'm ready to get back to work and sit on my butt for a few hours. Ha ha ha!

Another thing that amazes me is that no matter how hard I work on that blasted honey-do list, it just gets longer. If new tools help me to finish project more efficiently, Beth must have some new pen technology or something because she stays ahead of me with that list. Guys out there, does it ever end? Will I ever get ahead and be able to sit and watch a little Kung Fu or Star Wars on a Saturday afternoon? I doubt it.

3 comments:

Libbi said...

nope never just ask Uncle Pete!! But here's a thought...you get to rest when she does!

kim e said...

See that is what you get for being so talented! If you were like your father in law and obtained no crafty skills you would just have to fold laundry as you watched Andy Griffith!
Keep up the good work!

Jared A. Edwards said...

No, no, no. Here's the solution. You two need to lower your goals. That way they're always achievable.