06 November 2008

Rob's mom's hall bathroom

For Rob's mom's birthday, we painted the hall bathroom - take down the peeling off pastel (1990's) wallpaper and paint over the avocado green pattern wallpaper. (Raise you hand if you ever owned an avocado green appliance!)

The Bathroom before us:
guess I could have put the toilet seat down before I took that picture!


The shower tiles are still avocado green and the linoleum is still pastel, so we had to pick a paint to blend those two. (I am going to do a curtain later to finish the look, but I needed color swatches before I went to the fabric store.)

The bathroom after us:

Dave thought I was lost when I went around the house looking for pictures that might match the colors. :)  (If Rob wants to post progress pictures, he can. And Jared, I was given express permission to post on here! I'm not hijacking Rob's blog!)

Sometimes a video helps to see a room better. 
(We're not hgtv, but I think we did pretty good.) :)

2 comments:

Matt Linder said...

I have that exact tile in my bathroom! Nice job. When can you do mine?

Libbi said...

GREAT JOB!!! I LOVE watching HGTV but no can do...I could hardly watch the last part I was so afraid that phone was going to be flushed!!!! (Sarah beth laughed when she flushed the toilet!!!!)