16 October 2008

The Den Du Jour

My buddy Frank was telling me the other day about a newly-learned husband skill: Compromise.
He said, "Here's how it works. I want something one way and she wants it another way. We compromise and do it her way." I believe we can all read between the lines of that one, but just to be sure I asked him, "So, when you 'compromise' you really just end up doing what she wants? You're the one that's 'compromised'?" "Exactly," agreed Frank. Good man!

This rearrangement was a compromise, but not like the one described above. The piano isn't as convenient to access as the other way, but the Reading Station survived. And since I didn't want as much focus on the TV, my comfy chair got placed completely out of its view.

4 comments:

Jared A. Edwards said...

I would put the piano somewhere against the wall where the tv sits. For all the other objects, just treat your den like a snow globe.

kim e said...

I love seeing my little gran babies running through your new arrangement!

jacob said...

here's how I've always been happiest in relationships...find out what she wants, and give it to her. I like the compromise thing. Quality.

Libbi said...

Hey Kim...I was going to say that I JUST LOVE seeing the babies running through every picture!